Technology can help you save a lot of money on the little things that your family needs on a regular basis. By knowing which apps and websites can help you save the most, you can reduce the amount of money that your family spends.
That means you can get more out of the money you have. You might even find that you can start putting more money towards your savings to prepare for a financially stable future that allows you to splurge on occasion.
Using Smart Phone Apps to Spend Less on Gasoline
The best way to spend less money on gasoline is to drive your car less often. Many families, however, just don’t have time to commit themselves to walking or riding bikes more. When it comes to shuttling the kids from school to soccer to ballet to whatever else they’re into, you’re lucky if you can even find enough time to fuel up your car.
Several smart phone apps can help you find the cheapest gas in your area. That way, you can compare prices easily without driving around (burning more gas) just to save an extra penny. Some of the top apps include:
Other apps can help you save money on gas by choosing better driving options:
- Route4me shows how to schedule multiple destinations so that you burn less fuel;
- Waze helps you avoid traffic jams to reduce stop-and-go driving;
- Carticipate connects you with other drivers so that you can share rides.
Saving Money With Group Buying Sites
Group buying sites are another great way to save money on the little things that your family needs. Many sites even focus on niche markets. That means you can choose a buying site that only offers deals related to your family’s interests.
Some of the top group buying sites that you should consider include:
- Parents Deals focuses on discounts that will help your family spend less money without giving up the good things in life;
- Living Social offers free discounts to members who publicize the site’s deals successfully;
- Groupon focuses on deals in specific areas, allowing you to use discounts relevant in your town.
Today, every family is looking for innovative ways to save money without giving up the products and recreations that they enjoy. Try using these apps and sites to help your family save on the little things. What other money-saving strategies does your family use?